PhotoBucket Pictures

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 56

We drove up my family’s driveway at a sloggy 3 am. Parked in the back behind one of Lukey’s dirt-bike jumps.

Lets crash & terrify my unsuspecting mom in the am.
We let ourselves in through the wide-open door - wow.

Can’t muster a 5 am wake-up to startle my dad - fail. We do manage to get a mini-scream out of my mom around 10 as she walks into the front door with an armload of groceries. “Oh my gosh Rory!”

Whatup Moms! We scrounged breakfast and then headed out into the woods to check the beaver trap.
Nothing going. We re-set the trap but not before it slammed shut on my hand. Niice going.

Excited to re-explore the property further, I talked Shane into 4 wheeling the Jeep a little bit. We get stuck in a ditch within 5 minutes. We try to pull it out with the Argo..no go.

What are we going to use?
Might as well us Mom’s Range Rover? Hahha..
Mom comes power-walking up to us, “RORY NICHOLAS !!!”
(I laugh & continue hooking up the chains) “What’s the problem??”

We are able to yank the jeep out & decide we should get some errands done.
We change the oil for the 1st time in 6,000 miles & attempt to fix the circuitry on the malfunctioning hot tub.

Now with our productive fix; we head inside for a one of my mom’s famous dinner concoctions. Totally diverse, totally delectable.

After Dad took us all to see the hyped-Inception.
The top definitely fell people.
It was nice to hang with the whole family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment