PhotoBucket Pictures

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 55

A tall stack of Pancakes waited as Shane & I woke.

Once again, there is nothing like a home-cooked meal to equalize.

Got to catch up with Aunt Debbie, Uncle Kody, & my formerly little cousin Melinda.

The plan for the day was to to take a day hike up to an alpine lake just outside of the town.

Shane, Michael, Tori, Kody, Kyle, Joey, Denali & I piled into the surprisingly spacious Honda Pilot & hiked up into the ruggedly beautiful wilderness.

Sharing the same genes; the lake was not enough of a challenge for Kyle, Kody & I. For a towering spire loomed in the distance.

We just had to look at each other & nod...Its on.

We picked our way through the forest, then boulder fields, & finally scrambled up the cliff face to the summit.

We managed to find a ridge to access the peak; but, just like the rest of Sand Point the other three directions were sheer vertical.
I'm talking 1,000 feet down....yikes.

Making our way back down took most, if not all of our mental & physical energy.
I felt bad for Kyle as he drove while the rest of us snored the whole way home.

Aunt Debbie had two stuffed pizzas waiting for us all as we arrived back at home base.
This is what summer is all about.
Remember the peaks & troughs theory? It has been completely non-applicable since Virginia.

With Monday on its way, I decided Shane & I should make our way to the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment