PhotoBucket Pictures

Monday, July 5, 2010

Shane's 24-28th

Dropped off Rory and thought I was out a solo mission until the end. He bought a one-way ticket to Texas... I think that is a fair thought. Anyway, after some mental planning I contacted the only people I know in the VA area. Jenny (sister-in-law) and her girlfriends were waiting for all the boys to disembark. The Navy's biggest aircraft carrier just pulled into port in VA and onboard are many future friends of mine and a best friend from junior high (Blake).

We finally coordinate after I purposely waste two hours in the Wal-Mart air conditioning just waiting homelessly. I meet the roommates/sailors and the festivities begin immediately, literally. It takes just a few hours and I am surrounded by a group really cool people that are overly interested in what I am doing with my life at the moment.

We carry on like this through the weekend. Many great parties, meals, and an entire day at busch gardens with Blake and Jenny. Got to tour the biggest nuclear powered aircraft carrier in the U.S. Navy

Made friends with a wide variety of characters at this apartment. This is the kind of place where three people pay rent and three times as many people stay there regularly. Soo much fun. I secured a floor spot and woke up surrounded by new and interesting people every single day.

Things carry on like this through the weekend. I get a call from Rory one night while Messer and Rhodes are trying to pay Jolly (Navy names) five bucks to lick the dish washer juice that has gathered in its door jam. I have never laughed at a group of strangers in my life, mindless banter.

Anyway the good news is Rory has pseudo-decided not to join the real world yet and return to the adventure. Back into action we go, but not before these guys send me off in proper fashion.

1 comment:

  1. shane, im glad rory was able to meet back up with you so you guys can finish this journey together.

    ReplyDelete