PhotoBucket Pictures

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 14

I was jarred out of Sunday night's unconsciousness by Roy's Great Dane, a 180 lb dog who acts more like a small Labrador. Ok Remy we're up!

Shane & I started to gather our gear in preparation to hit the road once again- when Roy decided that we need to shove those plans & prepare to go wakeboarding. Alrigght fine, if you're gunna force us. Sooo, Roy, Shane, Matt, & I headed over to the marina where we quickly cranked the jams & the throttle as we attempted to re-create that one notorious BIG music video.
Anyway, we started to kick things off by doing a little open-ocean swimming. Yip, yaps & back-flips ensued until we remembered that splashing around in the open-ocean attracts sharks.
Pulled the Anchor & cruised back into the inter-coastal islands. Paradise by definition I do believe.

As Roy chauffeured us to his preferred wakeboarding spot, we kept an eye out for manatees & dolphins. spotted a couple-but, we had wakeboarding on the brain.
First, 6'8" Matt showed us how to catch your front edge & I did my best to jump the wake/roost. Shane gave it a try & decided he'd rather "max" & watch. Not 5 minutes into my second run Shane spotted a dolphin in our path, I carved over to him & prepared for him/her to mess with me (afterall they are supposed to be quite curious/intelligent). Nothing. I skimmed right over him and right on by...knarly.
After we'd all had our fill of boarding we cruised over to rookery bay. A small island sanctuary. We laid anchor a few hundred feet out & swam ashore. Looked for conch shells, said our hellos & before you know it our sunburns/tans were getting worse. Now the real entertainment of the afternoon was the swim back to the boat, what an experience. You know those times when you under-estimate a swim's distance & potential currents? Well that happened to all of us. I almost had to pull out the backstroke: but not quite. Relieved to be alive-we decided we shouldn't push our luck- lets go home
That we did. Once home we pieced together a small feast; that & the History channel (which has NO historical shows oddly enough) ate the rest of our night.

No comments:

Post a Comment