PhotoBucket Pictures

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 53 continued

We got as far as Coeur D'Alene, Idaho when the Droid rang. Land Developers INC wants Shane to report for duty in a little over a week.

I’m lightly depressed that Shane & I won’t triumphantly return to Phoenix together.
But happy that he’s got a real gig lined up!

Having caught his breath, Shane & I diligently map out the rest of our time.

Although we are both restless to make it to my parents; I exercise restraint & decide we need to make due on our promise to see my cousins. After all I vaguely remember it as an amazing alpine destination.

The drive from north is less than promising. There is nothing on the side of the highway except rotting barns & hay fields.
With a deadline looming I feel the pressure to come through.

The reliable old Cherokees delivers us just as my hope is about to run out.
My memory serves me well, as we find Sand Point to be just as I remember: Secluded & Pristine.

The city center in surrounded on all but one side by Lake Ponderay. The lake like old town is surrounded on all but one side by Idaho’s portion of the Rockies. Very..very epic.

My mom taught me to never show up empty-handed - so we stop at the grocery & pick up Kyle’s preferred liquid sustenance: Kokanee.

Kyle & his beautiful girlfriend can only stick around long enough to say hello & throw us the house keys. The have a dinner date with her parents.
Shane & I stay awake only long enough watch ¾ of Italian Job. This new-found thing called stress has eaten all our energy

No comments:

Post a Comment