PhotoBucket Pictures

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 39

We kinda slept in. I forget how (I forget alot when I'm tired) But, we got more sleep than normal, so I'll just chalk this memory loss off to Mr. Daniel's old No. 7.

Anyway, we head over to Harlem. I wanted to find some ballers, little kids playing in the street in the water of an illegally opened fire hydrant, & get us some Sylvias.

We take the train as far as it goes. then hoof it. We find Sylvias & a seat. We are brought waters. then see our waitress attend to everyone else around us (even those who came after us) first. I noticed they were all black (reverse affirmative action)? Well we waited for another 45 minutes. We were brought some corn bread by the bus-boy. We bided the time by people watching & playing on our phones.

Food & iced tea eventually show up. I got Chicken & Waffles. I wanted to take a picture of our food but our hands were way to greasy to touch our cameras.

Also our iced tea was actually tea flavored syrup. We went the economical route (like usual) & got a pitcher. So every time we refilled our cups it would slowly drain out of the pitcher like melted butter, rather than cascade like a pure fluid would...ahahha. We were going to be exercising all afternoon anyway.

We walked around for awhile looking for ballers (all the courts were vacant, too hot I suppose), which would be a plus for the little kids playing in the streets. nothing going.

We catch the F train back to Times Square. We explore wide eyed like 10 year olds, we continue south to ground zero. I thought they kinda cleaned up & erected a little memorial. Not the case. Massive construction site. Which is good. Except its all walled off. We find the preview center, after circulating the block twice. The whole thing got real to me, soo sad.
Quiet Thai Dinner & A/c comforted sleep ensued.

No comments:

Post a Comment