PhotoBucket Pictures

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 34

Ahh to wake up to a ceiling-fan blown 74-degree breeze.

Breakfasted like Tiffany.

Next we were able to wash our clothes.

It was about time, I can't speak for Mr. Melde but I had worn all my clothes atleast 4-5 times. Which doesn't sound like alot. But for all you non easterners: doing so leaches the color out of the fabric, as well as any sort of pleasant smell in a room.

Around noon we finally made our way out the door. Kevin somehow found a parking spot at the metro station & we headed downtown. We walked around. Their had to be 200,000 people in the square mile around the monument.

I can't count how many pictures we ruined just walking around. hahah. Shane & I wondered west into the city to kill some time. We found a place called Iron Horse. Had a few specials in the greaser-era basment pub before it was time to meet back up with everybody else.

We ended up setting up our little picnic along the Potomac where we could see the show clearly. It eventually got dark ...wow. Although my camera is 14-megapixels or something, it did me no justice. The shear amount of fireworks lit created a massive cloud above the whole city.

Now the real joy was getting a spot on the metro. all 200,000 of us piled into the 4 or 5 city stations. It was a hot mess.

Sgt. O'Reilly kept yelling at everybody & it took every ounce of my limited restraint to see if the volley ball would bounce of his nose and against the carriage & back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment